I spent the afternoon playing with those 3 planes you refurbished for me plus the #7 that you got for me. I am cleaning up the joints on drawer bottoms that I glued up from doug fir and found out just how efficient the #5 and #7 work. I am still learning how to use them but by the end of the afternoon I have cleaned up both surfaces of all 8 drawer bottoms. Once I finished that I noticed I had measured wrong and needed each drawer bottom to be about 1 1/2 inches wider so now I am cutting up 8 more board 1 1/2 inches wide and will glue that to one edge so it will cover the bottom. One of these days I will learn how to measure. Here are a couple of photos of today's play. I also used the #4 and found it works quite well also. Thanks for making this a fun project with those hand tools.
Enjoy the weekend, play safe and God Bless!
Your 'Friend in Shavings'